Wednesday 17 February 2010

Quilting projects!



It's still too hot to do rug hooking so I am working on a couple of quilting projects. Yesterday I had a huge day and completed the top and back of my daughter's flannel quilt. The quilt's looking really good and I didn't think it would piece together so quickly. Now I'm up to the layering step. With the other flannel quilts I've made I've used polar fleece as the middle layer. I haven't bought any for this quilt yet so I'm at a standstill until I can get to a fabric store.



That's fine as this allows me to work on another UFO--the foundation paper wall-hanging kit called 'Our Street'. I bought this probably about 7 or 8 years ago and made up one house back then. All the fabric pieces for it have been stored in zip lock bags separated by colour since that time. I got it out over the weekend and made up a second house. I'm kind of cheating as I'm following the colours from the example photo on the kit. The interesting thing is there are three additional buildings in the kit that aren't pictured in the photo. I thought I would make these up as well.



Here are the two houses I've made up so far. The red one I did on Sunday and the blue one I made several years ago. The foundation papers are still attached to the back of the houses. I'll tear these off when I'm ready to square the blocks up and piece them together.

No comments: