Saturday 21 April 2007

A quilt finish and the xstitch is getting there

I finished the flannel quilt last Saturday (14 April). It looks great and is so warm! It was a breeze to quilt it with the quilting foot instead of the free motion foot I have been using for all my quilting. I still have to label it and am not sure whether I should use plain flannel or regular cotton fabric for this so I'm dithering. I also finished all of the cross-stitching on the Martha's Vineyard houses last weekend. In all a productive time.

This week I've done little or no craft work as I've gotten swept up into fall cleaning--taking curtains down and cleaning window frames and windows. Quite tiring with all the up and down ladders involved. I have planned the flannel quilts for my two nephews and purchased fabric for these online. Now for the wait. In the meantime I am cutting and putting side seams in some new continuous shear curtaining for the TV room.

I need to purchase a new free-motion quilting foot so I can finish off the China quilt. That WIP is almost becoming a UFO again! Can't wait to get that done and sent off and also finish the Martha's Vineyard houses so I can get onto something new!

No comments: