Thursday 26 April 2007

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday I decided to see which of my completed quilts didn't have labels. There were quite a few! I typed up about 6 of them and printed them off on t-shirt transfer paper. Then I ironed two onto calico and sewed them onto the quilts--the flannel quilt I had just finished and my daughter's cot quilt which I finished in 2001! I plan to make up and sew on the rest of these labels. How could I be so bad as to not finish these quilts off??

I've also begun cross-stitching the Verandahs of South Battery BAP that has been a UFO for maybe close to 8 years or so. It is great to pick it up again and, as I did with Rainbow Row, I am going to set myself a target to complete each house. With RR (which dragged on for 18 months or so) I set a target of completing one house per month. The Verandahs pattern has only 7 houses but some of them are quite large. Still I would like to try and meet the same target. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could finish it this year? I'm still working on the back stitching of Cottages and am alternating working on the two projects. With the two of these plus the hand stitching I am doing putting labels on my quilts I have a lot to do in the evenings in front of the TV.

I am also eagerly awaiting the two shipments of flannel fabric from the States for the two quilts I am going to make my nephews for Christmas. I think I should set myself the goal of finishing all the labelling of my completed quilts--and finish my China quilt as well--before I start on these new projects. Yes, the China quilt. It is sitting waiting for me to handstitch in the replacement central squares. I then need to re-quilt that area of the quilt. I don't know why I am procrastinating with it. I need to write a letter in Chinese to go with it when it is ready to be sent. I think I need to get on with all of this as well!!

No comments: